Friday, January 7, 2011

Greek Chicken Salad

Here is a great lunch idea that turns out full of Omega 3's, protein and has no mayonnaise so you can feel a little less guilty following the holidays. I made this up as I went along and it turned out perfect for my taste, but its very adaptable according to your taste. I used pita pocket bread along side a bowl of lentil soup and practically inhaled my lunch! So good.



*Printable Version*

What You Need:
1 cup cooked chicken diced or shredded {I used 1 can of Hormel canned chicken, drained, but rotisserie or leftover would be great}
1/2 cup diced cucumber
1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup canned white beans, drained and rinsed
1 heaping teaspoon greek seasoning
4 tablespoons olive oil
2-3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Directions:
Combine chicken, cucumber, olives, feta and white beans. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar and greek seasoning. Pour dressing over chicken mixture and salt and pepper to taste. Serve in pita or over lettuce. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment