Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sweet Balsamic Glazed Pork Loin


This is one of the best dinners we have had in a very long time and while I couldn't wait to share it, I can't seem to find the time to post anymore so it took awhile. Let me start by saying I had given up on pork tenderloin. I never liked the way it turned out so I stopped trying, but this. was. awesome. I can't say enough about how you have to try this. For one, it is incredibly fast and easy to put together. Two, it goes in the slow cooker (always a bonus for me) and three, it is so delicious, even without the glaze. I found this at Mel's Kitchen Cafe and adapted very slightly. You will love this!


*Printable Version*

What You Need:
2 pound boneless pork loin roast
1 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon garlic 
1/2 cup water
Glaze: 
1/2 cup brown sugar, light or dark
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce
In a small bowl, combine the sage, salt, pepper and garlic. Rub the spices all over the roast. Place the pork roast in the slow cooker and pour in the 1/2 cup water. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Near the end of the cooking time for the roast, combine the ingredients for the glaze in a small saucepan and bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce and let the mixture simmer, stirring occasionally, until it thickens.
Remove the pork from the slow cooker, shred and place on a platter or plate. Drizzle the glaze over the pork and serve. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment