Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Baked Zucchini with Mozzarella

You may have noticed I don't post a ton of vegetable recipes. The main reason for this is that most of the time, I use Bird's Eye Steamfresh to add veggies to dinner. The fact that its super easy is one reason but I their veggies are green, crisp and don't have that "frozen" taste. I also love that there is no produce to go to waste when the veggies are frozen. So there's my product plug. Now, there are some other things we often have in the house such as asparagus and squash. I love zucchini in lots of different ways and thought I would share a version I tried recently. You might even try using a little breadcrumbs or parmesan to get a crispy crust. Sort of that fried zucchini thing without the fried. I might have eaten an entire one by myself...



What You Need:
2 medium sized zucchini
Johnny’s Garlic Spread & Seasoning {If you don't have this or can't find it, just use salt and pepper with garlic powder and some parsley}
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
Slice your washed zucchini up into 1/2 inch rings. Lay them out flat on a large cookie sheet. Sprinkle with Johnny’s Garlic Seasoning and a bit of salt {or use the alternative}. Bake in the oven at 350 for about 10-15 minutes or until crisp tender. Take the hot pan out of the oven and sprinkle the zucchini with cheese. Turn the oven to broil, place cookie sheet back into the oven and let the cheese get all bubbly and a bit browned. This should only take about 3-5 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment