Thursday, March 3, 2011

Oreo Truffles

I just counted and I have around 25 posts in draft waiting to be finished and at least 5 recipes that I haven't even started to work on yet. I guess its safe to say I will never catch up on this! So, I guess I'll start with one of our top favorites from the past little while.

Around Valentines Day I saw maybe 4.000 posts of this recipe on various sites and decided to try them. I knew they wouldn't be bad, but I really had no idea how GOOD they would be. I like Oreos but they are not my favorite so I couldn't believe how addicting these are. Combine that with how easy they are to make and they are dangerous. This is a good recipe for kids to help with also. My plan is to make these with Nutter Butter cookies next. I wanted to wait to do this post until I had tried both but I may never get around to that so here goes! Everyone has been begging for these since we had them. You have to try these!

Note: I cut this recipe in half for my family size. That is about 20 Oreos, 4 oz cream cheese & a half bag of melts.


*Printable Version*

What You Need:
1 package (18 oz.) Oreo cookies {or Nutter Butters}, crushed.
1 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened
Candy Melts for dipping {I used Wilton milk chocolate to dip and Wilton white to drizzle}

To crush the cookies, I didn't even bother with the food processor. I just put them in a storage bag and used a meat mallet. Kids love this part! Mix crushed Oreos and cream cheese until well-combined. I used a hand mixer on low and with some patience, they combined well. You could also use a food processor. Use your hands to roll into 1-inch balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet or tray. Refrigerate until firm, at least one hour.

Dip Oreo balls into chocolate coating and place onto waxed paper to harden. Drizzle with colored melts, if desired. To share with neighbors, I found these cute candy cups at Orson Gygi's, or mini cupcake papers would work. Chill and serve cold or room temperature. Makes about 30 truffles. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment