Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Five- Minute Tiramisu

This was so easy to put together I honestly thought it was not going to be very good. I was so surprised when we loved it. Literally you can put this together in just a matter of minutes and it doesn't contain many of the expensive ingredients that some versions do. I found this recipe in the Everyday Food cookbook but changed it to suit what I had on hand and simplified it. {The original recipe called for using instant espresso powder. I didn't have any and didn't want to purchase it and I'm guessing many others don't either}. I also doubled the cream-cheese mixture finding it needed a lot more for our taste. I will definitely make this again! {Having a hard time leaving it alone!}


What You Need:
2 cups of very strong coffee, cooled {I used 3 tablespoons of ground coffee to 2 cups of water}
2 package {8 oz} cream cheese
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
2/3 cup sugar
1 7 oz package of lady fingers
unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting

Directions:
With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese with the heavy cream and sugar until light and fluffy. Spread a few tablespoons of the mixture in the bottom of your serving dish. {A 2 quart serving dish will work.} One by one, dip a third of the lady fingers in the coffee and arrange in the bottom of the serving dish. Spread with a third of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat twice with the remaining ingredients. Refrigerate until chilled and ready to serve. Dust with cocoa before serving. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment