Friday, October 22, 2010

After School Peanut Butter & Honey {Chocolate} Popcorn

For the next week I have a lot of fun recipe ideas for you for Halloween. I have made it a tradition at our house to make a Halloween dinner and I have some breakfast and snack ideas too. For today though...
I found this recipe at Real Mom Kitchen and because it has "after school" in the title, suggests its target is children. While I think this would be a fabulous after school snack that kids would love to eat and also help with in the kitchen, I think its an awesomely addicting snack for anytime, any age. I have company coming this weekend and wanted this out for people to snack on but I'm not sure there is going to be much left by the time they arrive. I had this together in less than five minutes and had all of the ingredients in my pantry. I adore this and will be making it over and over again. Think the soft chewiness of caramel corn without the mess. I ended up drizzling melted chocolate chips over the top of mine also but this is optional!


What You Need:
8 cups popped popcorn {1 bag of microwave if that is what you are using}

1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla {optional, I did not use}
1/2 cup melted chocolate {I just used chocolate chips}

Directions:
Use a large bowl to hold popped popcorn. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and honey. Bring to a rolling boil. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until smooth. Add vanilla, if using. Pour peanut butter syrup over popcorn and stir to coat. Spread out on to a cookie sheet. Drizzle with chocolate, if using. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment