Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pumpkin Blondies

Ah, people...if you choose to make just one thing that I ever post, choose this. This has been my number one favorite fall recipe for two years running. I am proud to say that this is my very own adaptation and I also know for sure you will love them. The one snag is that this recipe calls for cinnamon chips and I worry some of you may have a hard time finding those. If your grocery store sells them, they will be right in with the chocolate chips. The brand I have is Hershey's. If your grocery store does not carry them, ask them to order them. Seriously! I could suggest substitutions like white chocolate chips but really I think the cinnamon chips kind of make the whole thing. So...look hard! Love, love these. That's all.


*Printable Version*

What You Need:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin puree {If you are having a hard time finding pumpkin right now, Costco has it!}
1 cup cinnamon chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 13x9 pan.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt. With a mixer, cream together both sugars and butter until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well blended. Add the pumpkin puree. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture gradually until just combined. Do not overmix. Stir in chocolate and cinnamon chips. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for about 35-40 minutes. The sides will pull away from the pan. Test the center for doneness. Cool completely in pan. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment