Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Campbell's Apricot Glazed Pork Roast

Hey gang! Michelle here from That's What She Said guest blogging today, and do I have a yummy dish for you guys :)

I'm the Crock-Pot Queen. For one, Crock-Pot meals are SO EASY! And second of all, the delicious smells of whatever is cooking all day fills my house will all sorts of mouth water smells.

Yesterday I tried a new recipe and it was a total hit with my hubby, Michael. And another great thing about this one is that it's low in sodium and sugar, yet is so sweet and delicious! We will definitely be having this one again :)


Ingredients:
  • 1 can (10 1/2 oz) low sodium chicken broth.
  • 1 jar (18 oz) of sugar free apricot preserves
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 1/2- 4 pounds)
*Optional- I also added a dash of cinnamon to the mixture as it tends to bring out the flavor in both the pork and the apricot preserves.

Directions:
  • Mix broth, preserves, onion and mustard with a wire whisk and pour into Crock-Pot.
  • Place pork roast in crock pot (may have to cut to fit)
  • Cover and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours or on HIGH for 4-5 hours or until done.
*Tip: For thicker sauce, mix together 2 tablespoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water. Remove pork from the Crock-Pot and stir in cornstarch mixture. Cover and cook on HIGH for 10 minutes or unitl mixture boils and thickens.

I paired this with some fresh asparagus that my hubby barbequed and a side of orzo. It was delicious and so easy. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment