Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Pesto Chicken with Roasted Tomatoes

This recipe comes from a cookbook I found at the library and fits our family better than any I've seen in awhile. It is from The Deen Bros. Take It Easy and I've made three recipes out of it this week, all successful. It even has a kids' favorites section. Anyway, this recipe was so easy I kept checking back to make sure I hadn't missed something and even my picky husband liked it. Of course, you need to be a pesto fan but I would recommend this if you have never tried it. Perfect for a busy weeknight!



What You Need:
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup pesto sauce (I used prepared Buittoni brand this time but you can use any or make your own)
4 bonless skinless chicken breast halves
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 450 degreees. Coat a baking pan with cooking spray (or I used a little olive oil). In a bowl, toss the cherry tomatoes with pesto and season with salt and pepper. Coat the chicken breasts with remaining 3 tablespoons pesto and season with additional salt, if desired. (I would wait and salt after they are cooked through and you have taste-tested. Pesto can be salty all on its own, depending what brand you are using or if it is homemade). Arrange the chicken in the pan and bake for 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes and bake 10 more minutes, or until chicken is cooked through (juices run clear). I served this with rice but an angel hair pasta would be great too. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment