Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Slushy Fruit Cups

I have been so busy this past week or so but I am back and have tons of recipes I'm wanting to share. The last post was a Father's Day post with four recipes included and I'd like to separate those out and repost them so they are more searchable. Those are some I don't want people to miss! But back to today!

 When I made the Asian Beef Flank Steak, it called for unsweetened pineapple juice and the only one I could find was a huge can. I needed to do something with what was left. Besides that I also had some kiwi that needed to be used so this is what I decided to do. My little boy just loves these and plus he had fun helping make them. This is a great recipe to use as a healthy snack or a nice change up for breakfast.



What You Need:
8 oz unsweetened pineapple juice
1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 medium firm bananas, sliced
1 package (16 ounces) frozen berries
1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
4 kiwi, peeled and sliced
10-12 clear plastic cups (10 ounces)

In a large bowl, mix pineapple juice, orange juice concentrate, water, sugar, lemon juice and fruit.

Spoon 3/4 cupful into each plastic cup. I placed cups in a baking pan so they would not tip and placed them in the freezer until slushy. Once frozen and for future days, remove from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving. Grab a spoon and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment