Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Chewy Chocolate-Gingerbread Cookies

This year I didn't do as much baking and treat making for the holidays as I usually do. It kind of left me wanting something more. So when I saw a from-scratch recipe for these I wanted to make them. {Okay I didn't really have the drive to make them but really wanted to have them}. I was in the grocery store with fresh ginger and molasses in my cart and walking down the baking aisle when I saw Betty Crocker's Gingerbread Cake & Cookie mix. And then... the whole idea went out the window because I decided to cheat and use a mix and just make up the chocolate part. I have to say, they really turned out yummy. If you need a quick cookie idea for an exchange or a gift or guests, I don't think you will be disappointed. They are super easy!



What You Need:
1 Betty Crocker Gingerbread Cake & Cookie Mix {or I guess whatever brand you like}
1/2 cup hot water
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon  baking cocoa
1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted
1/4 cup sugar

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Prepare cookie mix according to the directions. I wanted mine soft and chewy so this called for the water and butter. Add the baking cocoa and melted chocolate chips and mix well. Roll the dough into balls and roll in sugar. Place on the cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes until the edges are just starting to set. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment