Monday, December 13, 2010

Fresh Lemon Cream Crepes

This is my new favorite breakfast/brunch recipe! I made these for Sunday breakfast and while its a given that I will love every bite, its hit or miss with my hubby and he loved (three and a half) of them too! This recipe is on the Betty Crocker website made with Bisquick baking mix but I adapted it and made the crepes from scratch, so that part of the original recipe is changed. I followed their recipe for the cream filling though and it is amazing. I also made some with nutella and berries for my little boy. There are definitely endless fillings you can use for crepes but I am telling you, this lemon cream one can not be beat. The lemon is not overpowering at all because it is balanced by the sour cream. These would be perfect for your holiday breakfasts or brunches. I had never made crepes before and they are easy. My only tip is that for my 10 inch pan, I used around 1/4 cup plus a tablespoon of batter to make them as thin as they should be. If you are using an 8 inch pan, 3 tablespoons of batter might be closer to enough. You may need to try out a couple and see how much batter you need each time.

What You Need: {Crepes}
 4 eggs, lightly beaten
 1 1/3 cups milk
 2 tablespoons butter, melted
 1 cup all-purpose flour
 2 tablespoons white sugar
 1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:

1. In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, melted butter, flour sugar and salt until smooth.

2. Heat a medium-sized skillet or crepe pan over medium heat. Grease pan with a small amount of butter or oil applied with a brush or paper towel. {I used a non-stick pan and found the butter in the pan was not necessary. There is plenty in the crepe batter.} Spoon about 3 tablespoons crepe batter into hot pan, tilting the pan so that bottom surface is evenly coated. Cook over medium heat, 1 to 2 minutes on a side, or until golden brown. Remove from pan and keep warm.

What You Need: {Filling}

 2 cups sour cream
 1/2 cup milk
 1 Tablespoon grated lemon zest
 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
 1 box (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding mix
 2 cups fresh raspberries
 Powdered sugar
 Additional fresh Raspberries, if desired

Directions:
1. In a small bowl, beat sour cream, 1/2 cup milk, lemon peel, lemon juice, and pudding mix with whisk until blended.

2. To assemble each crepe, spoon 1/4 cup on filling on one end of crepe; top with 5 raspberries. Roll up; sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve with additional raspberries.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment