Sunday, May 30, 2010

Light & Refreshing Citrus Punch

I know this punch looks plain and boring but don't underestimate this! We had it over the weekend at a graduation party and everyone loved it. I came home and started searching around for other recipes and found out it is popular so I guess I was in the dark because I had never heard of it! I will definitely make this myself at home. It is just the right balance of sweet and light, not overpowering at all. As far as finding the citric acid, I am told it can be found at a pharmacy, at the local grocery store near the canning supplies, or at kitchen supply stores such as Orson Gygi's (Utah).



What You Need:
2 tablespoons citric acid
1 bag crushed ice
5 quarts water
2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons lemon extract
3 sliced lemons
3 sliced limes
3 sliced oranges

Directions:
Stir water, sugar, citric acid, and extract together. One of the recommendations I read is to use a glass container and pour your ingredients from glass as well (such as glass jars) or the punch may look cloudy. I think adding the sliced lemon, lime and orange would help with the cloudy look too. Add sliced fruit and ice and enjoy!




*Photo courtesy of Real Mom Kitchen*

No comments:

Post a Comment