Monday, May 10, 2010

Mini Breakfast Pizzas


I think of this as more of an idea rather than a recipe, since you can pretty much choose the ingredients to suit your own taste. Especially with kids, it can get difficult coming up with ways to serve meals that they are excited about eating. Lunch is one of the harder ones for me, even more so having a picky eater on my hands! Anyway, I found a version of this in Taste of Home and threw these together one morning with my own variations. I was pleasantly surprised that they really didn't take very long and ended up being a quick, hot breakfast.

I used canned pizza dough (Pillsbury, I think), rolled it out and cut the rounds with a large plastic cup. However, next time I am going to try the crescent roll dough instead. I think the flaky, lighter texture would be better. I also cooked the bacon in the microwave for the first time. (Was everyone already doing this but me?) Between two paper towels on a plate it took 6 minutes and no mess! Lastly, I left the eggs just slightly runny before putting them on the dough and they finish cooking in the oven. Otherwise I think they would dry out.


What You Need:
6 eggs, scrambled (or about 1 egg per pizza)
1 can pizza or crescent roll dough
10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (or sausage, ham, etc)
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese

Directions:
Roll out dough and cut into rounds using a cookie cutter, cup or bowl the size you want. Place on greased baking sheets. Spoon egg evenly over rounds. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese.  Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

I'd love to know if you try these and what other toppings you used! Leave a comment below. Thanks to everyone who has become a fan on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment