Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Ultimate Grilling Marinade


Marinades are my favorite thing on busy nights and especially those when I haven't had time to get to the grocery store. I can always find enough ingredients to throw together some kind of marinade and use it for whatever type of meat and cut is in the freezer. I also like that doing this can use up wierd amounts of things that are sitting around like partial cans of tomato paste, crushed pineapple, syrups..you get the picture. Here is one I used last night and thought it was great. Just don't do what I did! I shoved this in the fridge rushing out the door to a t-ball game and it tipped and went all over the fridge while we were gone. My suggestion for marinating is to place the meat in a storage bag (like a Ziploc), pour in the marinade and let it hang out. No mess! We like to grill outdoors but you can also use an indoor grill pan or whatever else you like. I thought this would be especially good for kabobs paired with sweet fruits and vegetables like pineapple, yellow peppers and cherry tomatoes.

Here is another tip I heard recently that I plan on using. Why not double up the meat and marinade and freeze half? On another night you could just pull the bag out of the freezer, place it in the fridge for the day or overnight and not think about it again until dinner!

What You Need:
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon ground mustard

Directions:
Mix all ingredients and marinate chicken (or meat of your choice) for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight. Grill meat until cooked thoroughly. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment